Providence is calling a Surgical Technologist (Operating Room, Evenings, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Set up and maintain a sterile field.
- Prepare the surgical environment for the patient and the procedure being performed.
- Maintain familiarity, function and proper care of all operating room equipment and instruments.
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team, and assist the surgeon, as necessary, during procedures.
- Initiate responsibility for care of specimens.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team according to the requirements of the procedure.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program
- Current Surgical Technologist license
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Surgical Technologist license in Washington State
- Current National Certified Surgical Technologist certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Recent operating room experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Holy Family Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital in Spokane, Washington, offering a full range of medical and surgical services as well as specialty support and outpatient services. The hospital primarily serves north Spokane County—the fastest growing area in our region. We are currently licensed for more than 270 beds. As a not-for-profit Catholic hospital, every dollar we earn goes back to the community we serve. Providence Holy Family Hospital received several Five Star safety and excellence awards last year, including Patient Safety, Pulmonary, Respiratory and Critical Care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Req ID: 135098