Providence is calling a Cook (Food and Nutrition, Variable shift, Supplemental - 0.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Follow standardized recipes to prepare hot meals, and use knowledge of dietary restrictions to make modifications as necessary.
- Assist in dish room (washing dishes, pots, pans, and cleaning area and restocking).
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, storage preparation and serving of food.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Current Washington State Food Handlers Card
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years experience in institutional quantity cooking and/or completion of a vocational school in food service preferred
- Proficiency in basic math skills
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 147995