Providence is calling a Medical Assistant (MA) - Registered (Spokane Heart Institute, Full Time) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, WA. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Maintain the medical records according to institutional guidelines, ensuring that all required documents and results are posted properly and timely in the patient's record.
- Assist the provider(s) in invasive and noninvasive procedures according to established guidelines.
- Perform clerical duties related to chart prep.
- Report and document any unusual patient or administrative occurrence that may have an effect on the patients' and/or staff's well being.
- occasionally, assist with routine patient care.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification - Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited) required within 90 days of hire
- Current Medical Assistant Registered (MA-R) certification by time of hire through Washington State
- Knowledge of basic clinical practices, procedures and standards
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn, function in and pass proficiency testing following Epic training
- Ability to communicate to patients, customers, co-worker or leaders via written or verbal communication
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience in clinical setting
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 150333