Providence is calling a Nurse Educator - Operating Room (Education Services, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, WA. This is a full time day position. This position will provide both initial orientation and Continuing Education for staff working in the Perioperative units at Holy Family Hospital and Sacred Heart Medical Center as well as support for OR specialty education at the ASC and Steven's County.
The Nurse Educator works under the general direction of the Manager with a matrix reporting relationship to the specialty nurse manager, as an educator, clinician and consultant. The Nurse Educator assists in the development of patient/staff educational programs and materials. The Nurse Educator serves as a role model, teacher and coach to increase expertise of staff nurses. This position coordinates, implements, and evaluates orientation, in-service and continuing education for nurses in specialty. The Nurse Educator participates in applicable performance improvement and research activities and represents his/her specialty on appropriate committees and task forces.
In this position you will:
- Conduct targeted needs assessments in collaboration with managers and/or content experts prior to developing educational programs and instructional materials.
- Determine how objectives will be evaluated (effectiveness of instruction) and designs evaluation for major educational efforts.
- Integrate principles of adult learning into program design – e.g., build on learner strengths/experience and encourage active participation and application.
- Provide CNE (Continuing Nursing Education) contact hours for major nursing programs that meet ANCC/WSNA CEARP criteria.
- Coordinate review and revision of existing nursing competencies in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Mentor staff in professional growth and development.
- Maintain an organized and systematic orientation program in collaboration with managers.
- Maintain current certifications related to life support and specialty as appropriate. (BLS, PALS, ANCC, AORN, CPON, etc.)
- Report evaluation and research results within the hospital setting and to others outside the medical center as appropriate.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Washington State RN License.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of three years RN experience in clinical area.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters Degree in Nursing, education, or allied health field.
- Minimum of two years experience in staff development or academic teaching.
- Current American Heart Association BLS instructor credentials.
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel skills.
- Certification in clinical specialty.
About the hospitals and clinics you will serve.
Providence Health Care has a commanding presence in Eastern Washington. We offer a full range of medical and surgical services as well as specialty support and outpatient services for adults and children. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Education
Req ID: 134809