Providence is calling a Certified Surgical Technician (Prov Ambulatory Surgery Center, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Set up and maintain a sterile field.
- Prepare the surgical environment for the patient and the procedure being performed.
- Maintain familiarity, function and proper care of all operating room equipment and instruments.
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team, and assist the surgeon, as necessary, during procedures.
- Initiate responsibility for care of specimens.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team according to the requirements of the procedure.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician program
- Current Surgical Technologist license in Washington State
- Current national certification as a Certified Surgical Technician with the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Location: Washington-Spokane Valley
Req ID: 150744