Providence is calling a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) (Home Health, Day Shift, 1.0FTE, 40hrs/wk) to Providence VNA Home Health in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for providing physical therapy treatment.
- Carry out discharge plans as specified by the treatment plan.
- Be responsible for communication with patients and their families, physicians, nurses, and other personnel regarding patient care.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program
- Current Washington State Physical Therapy Assistant License
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and negative TB screen
- One (1) year therapy experience in a supervised clinical setting
- Current Washington State Driver's license and access to use of an insured, reliable vehicle
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year therapy experience in home health setting
- Experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant with the geriatric population
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence VNA Home Health is a not-for-profit, home health ministry serving patients in their places of residence in the greater Spokane community of Washington state. We provide health care for patients of all ages who have a temporary condition such as post-surgical care, or are recovering from or living with a chronic condition. Our skilled and compassionate team includes nurses, medical social workers, home health aides, registered dietitians, occupational/physical/speech therapists, and pharmacists.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Location: Washington-Spokane Valley
Req ID: 151355