Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Home Health, Day Shift, Per Diem) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Drive throughout your work day to see patients in private residences, assisted living, and skilled nursing facilities within a designated region.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for the patient utilizing the interdisciplinary care team.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Utilize software programs for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing nursing program
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State at time of hire, and Oregon State within 3 months of hire
- CurrentBasic Life Saving (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association(AHA) within 30 days of hire
- Current Driver's license and vehicle insurance as mandated by state laws
- Two (2) years recent experience in a medical/surgical general care setting, or recent experience in home health or hospice skilled nursing practice
Preferred qualifications for this po sition include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Strong computer keyboarding skills and experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Home Health or Home Care experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Home Health Nursing
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 149472