Providence is calling a Cancer Center Clinical Manager (Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assist the Director with the planning, directing, implementation, and monitoring of patient care services for the Oncology department.
- Directly supervise staff in Chemotherapy, Medical Oncology, and Radiation Oncology (nursing only).
- Provide clinical oversight and support of assigned areas including quality improvement and quality assurance monitoring.
- Anticipate department staffing needs daily, edit payroll, and regularly perform customer service rounds.
- Participate in hospital and department specific practices to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Oncology experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification through the American Heart Association (AHA)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN), Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN), or Master's Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Oncology Certification (OCN) Must obtain within 2 years of employment
- Two (2) or more years of Oncology experience
- Prior nursing management experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in the case management and treatment programs for medical/radiation oncology and clinical trials patients
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 129185