- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required. Must provide official transcript at time of interview.
- Three (3) years of relevant grant writing and proposal development experience is required.
- Record of successful grant proposals (Must provide a writing sample of a proposal written at time of interview) is required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on project needs or timelines is required.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Health-related grant proposal writing experience is preferred.
- Programmatic and research grant experience with a hospital system is preferred.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge and understanding the operational structure of foundations, organizations, and businesses to support grant development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with individuals in varied professions composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior organizational ability and attention to detail ability to meet firm deadlines
- Must have good administrative skills and be detailed oriented
- Ability to coordinate directly and supervise others
- Ability to meet deadlines for grant writing projects
- Ability to manage multiple grants applications on various topics
- Can express themselves easily
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER