- Director will effectively interface with the practice and division structure. Thorough knowledge of division policies and operations is required.
- Partner with all clinical providers to maximize resources dedicated to clinical recruitment, staffing and scheduling requirements. Identify opportunities for resource optimization and continuous quality improvement (CQI).
- Work with division resources to obtain & approve all pertinent reports in the monitoring of practice performance, efficiency and profitability.
- Partner with CMD to plan and participate in all practice leadership and/or board meetings.
- Evaluate practice productivity and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating new growth opportunities (diversification, expansion and organic growth).
- Identify possible threats to current and future business by identifying current issues and building operational plan to defend.
- Responsible for contract management of all clinical providers and service locations.
- Partner with CMD, Director of Operations (DO) and Managed Care Team for effective market review of unique payer arrangements and affiliated contracts.
- Coordinate and assist all corporate departments to support all service locations.
- P&L ownership, to include revenue growth, cost containment, and analysis of the impact of all operational decisions to profitability.
- Own the financial planning process (budget), and the monthly financial review process.
- Actively identify risks and opportunities in the marketplace, and develop action plans and proformas accordingly.
- Accountable to drive revenue cycle productivity metrics via local practice resources, and with the corporate revenue cycle management team.
- Provide oversight to all practice based departments.
- Partner with CMD in maintaining strong relations with all service locations.
- Work effectively with CMD and DO for the oversight of practice quality initiatives to ensure program integrity and consistency.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to influence continuous improvements in department's efficiency and services performed.
- Takes ownership of special projects, researches data and follows through with detailed action plans.
- Actively participates in problem identification and resolution and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.
- Adheres to Division, Department and HR policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Director should have strong managerial, financial and analytical skills. The Director should have the ability to complete assignments and job duties on time with the versatility to work on both financial and analytical projects. The position requires a strong business background and strong computer skills (MS Word and Excel competency are a must), excellent verbal and written communication skills, people management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The candidate must have the ability to develop pro forma statements.
BA Degree preferred. 3-5 years of healthcare experience required.
Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.