Clinical duties for this position include but are not limited to:
1. Continuity outpatient CHF clinics
2. Precepting residents, fellows and general cardiology midlevel providers in CHF clinics
3. Regular consultative rounds on admitted CHF patients to provide active support to the general internal medicine and hospitalist teams responsible for their hospital care.
4. Advisory consulting as needed for critically ill CHF patients in the CCU
5. Chronic heart transplant patient follow-up care
6. Identification, management and care coordination for Stage D heart failure patients who may be candidates for advanced heart failure therapies including transplant
7. Developing cardiopulmonary exercise testing protocols to help in transplant candidate selection and follow-up
8. Participation in didactic, case review and transplant selection conferences and CHF journal club with the Oregon Health and Science University heart failure/transplant service
9. Creation and management of templates and order sets as needed to facilitate non-face to
face CHF care (Consults, e-consultation).
10. Development of Telemedicine CHF clinics
11. Completion of cardiology E-consults
12. Limited CCU and general cardiology inpatient consult service attending
13. Reading echocardiograms, dependent on need and the incumbent's availability
14. Indirect patient care: returning telephone calls, responding to patient emails, reviewing and renewing prescriptions, reviewing laboratory and imaging data, communicating results to patients, and implementing improved quality in systems delivery.
Functional Statement Title: General Cardiology Heart Failure Physician, Division of Hospital and Specialty Medicine
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday Day Tour plus On-Call Shifts
* Must be a Citizen of the United States
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English
* Must possess a degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine
* Must hold a current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia
* Completion of a three year internal Medicine residency in good standing
* Passed or be eligible to take the certifying examination in Cardiovascular Disease of the American Board of Internal medicine
* Have passed or beeligible to take the certifying examination in Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiovascular Disease
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
The position will require walking, standing or sitting for periods of up to or beyond 10 to 12 hours each day.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
The following documents are required by all applicants: 1. Resume (required)
2. Signed10-2850, "Application for Associated Health Occupations (Revision Jul 2006) (http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf) (required)
3. Responses to the questionnaire (required)
4. Copy of your transcript: if you are using education to qualify.
5. Signed OF-306 "Declaration for Federal Employment" (Revision Oct 2011) (http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf) (required)Please note: ***The signed OF Form 306 must be the current version (Oct/2011) and dated with in the last six months of the closing date of the announcement.***
If a current or former Federal Employee:
In addition to the above please submit most recent non-award SF-50 (Displays grade, tenure and title. Federal employees may be able to access their SF-50 through the eOPF https://eopf.nbc.gov/va/)
If you are a preference eligible Veteran you need to include the following documents in addition to the above required documents:
6. SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, available at http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx, if applicable
7. Veteran Administration Letter of Disability Rating, If applicable.
8. DD Form 214 (Member 4 copy) Showing Type of Discharge
Any other documents required by the checklist.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*Other(10-2850 Application for Physicians)
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other Veterans Document
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
1.To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is TAG:VacancyID.
2.Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on TAG:Closing Date to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
1.Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire TAG:Link to Full Questionnaire.
2.Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
3.Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.