This Physician Assistant position is a floatwithinthe Primary & Specialty Medicine Service Line. Duties include chronic disease management, preventive health care and evaluation of episodic acute illness, work in the urgent care setting, and compensation & pension examsproviding services to a predominately male population.
Preferred Experience: 2-3 year of Physician Assistant experience preferred.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30m
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
Candidate must been the following:
(1) Graduate of a PA training program, or of a surgical assistant program which is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor organizations; and
(2) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited PA training program or in another health sciences related field from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Current and continuous certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required for employment in VHA.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Handbook, 5005, Part II, Appendix G8, Physician Assistant Qualification Standards. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Applicant must pass a pre-employment physical.
NOTE: You must use your full legal name when completing all required documents
- A complete VA Form 10-2850C, Application for Associated Health Occupations
- A copy of your most recent SF-50B "Notification of Personnel Action" (if a federal employee)
- A photocopy of your transcripts with degree awarded if you are using education to qualify
- DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, indicating your Character of Service (if applicable)
- Documentation of Service-Connected disability: Service-Connected disability letter and SF-15 Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (if applicable) http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf
- Documentation of eligibility to be considered as surplus or displaced federal employee (if applicable)
Forms can also be found at: http://www.stcloud.va.gov/careers/index.asp
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1929223.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.