The Southern Arizona VA Healthcare System is looking for a full time orthopedic surgeon. Will serve as attending physician in orthopedic clinic to evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients. Experience in shoulder surgery is essential especially arthroscopic shoulder surgery and shoulder replacements including reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. Fellowship in shoulder/sports is an advantage. The Orthopedic Surgeon is responsible for providing Orthopedic on-call services with the other orthopedic surgeons.Will participate in physician assistant supervision along with the other orthopedic surgeons. Will perform administrative assignments as necessary.
Clinical contact - Chief of Orthopedics - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 520-792-1450 ext 6107.
Federal Benefits for Full TimePhysicians:
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- 13 days sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days military leave per year for active reservists and National Guard
- Health and Life Insurance (may elect coverage into retirement)
- Pay for performance up to an amount equal to 7.5% of annual pay up to $15,000
- Authorized Absence for Continuing Medical Education (Full-time staff only)
- Liability protection for Federal Employees
- Retirement-Federal Annuity Plan
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP-tax deferred savings plan)
1. Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
2. Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
3. Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
4. Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Preferred Experience: Board certified or board eligible inOrthopedic Surgery.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to physically and mentally perform the duties in a hospitalsetting under normal and emergent conditions. Environment factor: protracted or irregular hours of work. Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. Moderate lifting 15-44 lbs and over with assistive devices, Straight pulling, and pushing for up to6 hours per day; reaching above shoulder; use of legs and arms, both hands required, standing or kneeling up to8 hours per day; near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; hearing aid permitted.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes: (Please note that applicants who fail to submit all required documents will not be considered for this position.)
- Responses to the questionnaire
- If claiming Veterans Preference, you must include a copy of your DD-214. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form.
To change or update your application, simply reapply through My USAJOBS, before the closing date. To check the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), select Application Status and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1942030.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.