Providence is calling aClinical Pharmacist ( Part Time / Night Shift ) to Providence Little Company ofMary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
Be an integrated team member in our Pharmacy, where
you can work collaboratively with our caregivers, interact directly with our
patients, and nurture your career in a positive environment with a tenured
group of specialists and experts.
- Specialized services including Neonatal, Pediatrics,Emergency Department, Intensive Care and Transitions of Care.
- Fully automatedelectronic health records
- Comprehensive Clinical Pharmacy Services
- Pharmacy Residency Program and Clinical Pharmacy InternshipProgram
In this position you will:
- Be an integral member of the clinical care team.
- Ensure the safe and appropriate use of drugs.
- Provide pharmaceutical services including drug information, drug distribution, and clinical pharmacy services with knowledge of age-specific needs from neonates through geriatrics.
Required qualificationsfor this position include:
- Current California Pharmacistlicense.
- 4 to 5 years of recentexperience in hospital pharmacy or a pharmacy residency.
- Knowledge of sterile productstechniques.
- Knowledge and experience withpersonal computers.
- Proficiency and currentknowledge in pharmacy and therapeutics.
About the hospital youwill serve:
Providence LittleCompany of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay
communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for
clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on
providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest
general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of
specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's
Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital. We are
the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a
row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the
Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson
Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational
efficiency is clear.
As a member of
Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we
believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special
concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
Join the third largest
not-for-profit health system in the United States and continue a nearly 160
year tradition of caring while collaboratively working to develop and employ
today's industry leading practices for delivering quality, affordable, and
compassionate care for all.
For more information onProvidence Health & Services, please watch this short video: Providence
Health and Service sets Healthgrade Benchmark
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 149978