The employee serves as a psychiatrist at theMyrtle BeachCommunity Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) for the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center. Employee provides comprehensive clinical services to Veterans and their families within the CBOC. The employee will perform general psychiatric assessment and treatment in a multi-disciplinary setting. Therapeutic and clinical services associated with this position will include medication management, treatment planning, and other specialized services as needed. The employee will work closely with his/her colleagues to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art mental health care.
Work Schedule: 8:00AM - 4:30PM, Monday through Friday. Basic Requirements:
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:?, Light lifting, under 15 pounds, Light carrying, under 15 pounds, Use of fingers, Walking, Standing, Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other, Ability to distinguish basic colors, Hearing (aid permitted).
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
*Other(VA FORM 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists and Chiropractors)
*Other Veterans Document
VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists and Chiropractors (Available at http://vaww.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-2850-fill_BAK.pdf) (required)
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1917247.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.