Providence is calling a Temporary Reviewer, Clinical Data to Providence Health & Services in Portland, OR.
The Clinical Data Reviewer is a clinical support position responsible to review and analyze the content of current medical records to ensure that correct patient information is entered into the electronic medical record. This position is a member of the Data Migration Team and reports directly the Clinical Data Migration Supervisor(s) and must interact and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships with Project Managers, Project Analysts, Clinical Staff and Providers.
In this position you will:
- Abstract essential health care information, such as allergies, medications, diagnosis, etc. from patient's paper chart for entry into Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Determine accurate ICD-9 or CPT codes for current diagnoses and personal family history
- Identify and research needed information to ensure accuracy and completeness of medical record
- Adhere to chart migration priority as established by the clinic
- Monitor and update chart completion goals by entering completed work into spreadsheets or databases
- Participate in Quality Assurance review and resolution of discrepancies
- Conduct periodic comprehensive Quality Assurance checks at the request or direction of the Project Manager or clinic
- Enter diagnoses, medications, allergies, and other clinical data into Electronic Medical Record update following established data entry standards
Required qualification for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a health care setting
- Demonstrable experience or course work in managed care/referral process, medical terminology/spelling, medical documentation and coding (CPT/ICD-9)
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Experience with advanced computer applications (i.e. electronic medical record, electronic appointment scheduling, excel)
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 151658